Here at Bray Park Family Doctors the team is committed to continuing seeing our patients while keeping our staff safe & your fellow patients safe.
Many GP centres are closing down or refusing to see patients with basic cold and flu symptoms. This will cause increased distress, increased pressure on our hospital systems with other health needs going unchecked.
We do not want to do this and want to continue our high level of care We have implemented some new measures in order to do this and need the help of our patients when communicating with our staff.
Staff will be asking you at the time of booking and when you arrive at the practice, some of the following questions:
- Do you have cold and flu symptoms?
- Have you been in contact with confirmed Covid-19 case?
- Have you tested positive for Covid-19 recently?
It is extremely important you answer these questions honestly.
If you answer yes to these questions you will still be able to consult with your GP!
Why are we asking?
If you have another health issue not related to Covid-19 but may be at risk or have cold and flu symptoms, don’t feel if you tell us you won’t be seen, other health issues are still important. You are still able to consult with your Doctor.
Please be aware that by not divulging correct information about your symptoms or contact with a positive Covid-19 case puts many people at risk. Your doctors, reception staff and nursing, including their families at home and our other patients are put at risk. This could cause an entire practice closure. This would affect thousands of patients being seen & local business.
All staff have been trained with up to date information about how to take your call, where to direct you and what advice to give. This will continue.
Please do not bring additional family, friends & carers to consults. Where possible, please only bring yourself and/ or child being seen. If you are able to please leave other children at home or outside the practice with a carer.
We’ve come up with a few options for you.
- All normal appointments, with no cold and flu symptoms, no travel will be seen as normal. We have created a safe space where our practice is not infectious for you and your family.
- Telehealth consults ARE PREFERRED- now available to be bulk-billed with a valid medicare card. These consult can be for referrals, repeat prescription, results and advice. The doctor may ask you to come to clinic if need be and they feel it is in your best interest. These will be through video chat with Zoom, facetime, skype or whatsapp for all patients with a smart phone. Standard phone consult can be conducted for those without.
- If you have cold and flu symptoms even if your consult is not regarding that and need to be seen in person, you will still be seen but in a designated area.
If you have an appointment booked in the practice and you develop any cold and flu symptoms please advise reception prior to the appointment. Failure to do so may result in your appointment being rescheduled.